Our Begining

For anyone out there on this small planet who would care enough to follow our lovely lives, I present to you US: Fred and Jari. Jari and I met in Provo as neighbors in the Miller Apartments located on the corner of 100 East and 580 North. I lived in Apartment 20, and she was in Apartment 22 with her sister Erin. Erin and I had been friends since she moved to Provo in the Summer of 2006. On a few occasions, she mentioned her sister Jari - a wonderful girl who was serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Argentina. To ensure that we would get the chance to meet Erin purchased a spot in the apartment with her for Jari and informed her once she had returned from Argentina that she was to move down to Provo and live with her. I was mentioned...but I am too embarrassed to make public the first thing I said to her over the phone. So Jari moved down the first week of January 2008. Three weeks later she agreed to go out on what we like to call our first "Not-A-Date" (It was dinner that was not really a planned date... more just a mutual outing that involved food). A week later we went on our first real date and pretty much spent every day together after that.










.











So here we are in our Condo in Germantown, Maryland - married and happy. I will of course take some pictures and post them of the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (a medical school that specialized in training military physicians), but for now please enjoy some of the pictures of our 5-day venture across the nation: Utah - Wyoming - Nebraska - Iowa - Illinois - Indiana - Ohio - Pennsylvania - Mayland ( a trip that cost approximately $35 in tolls if you stay the night in Chicago like we did... just in case you plan on making the drive some time in your life). Now for some pictures

Comments

Sarra said…
well, you wouldn't give me your blog address so i had to google it. this is a great start, now we need more! how is it out there in md, so close to dc? how is school/work going? is it great being your own family? what do you guys do for fun?
Diane said…
I was just viewing Sarra's blog and saw this one. It's a good start. I figure you should have a post for September and one for October, at least. And some day I'd love to hear what was said over the phone the first time. :)
Daniel said…
Hmm. . .I think I missed the pictures. But I agree, this "is a great start." I hope all is well.
Erin said…
Fabulous start guys!! But, I didn't see any pictures either...bummer. I'd just like to apologize to any of the other dedicated followers of this blog for unintentionally interrupting an attempted update the other evening while visiting the newlyweds in their cute little condo in MD (which, by the way, has an amazingly beautiful tiled kitchen floor!).