I owe it all to my craftiness...

Day 3 -

Every month in Young Womens we rotate which group is in charge of the activities. Because there are only a total of 17 girls and an average of 10 show up each week, we combine all three classes for the majority of the activities. April was Beehive month. For anyone who knows my girls, you'll know that getting them to help plan legitimate activities is like pulling teeth with a pair of pliers. Consequently, the planning falls to yours truly. Yep. The lucky girls get to deal with what I plan. Those of you who know me might be sighing in pity for the girls, or figuring that we just took the month of April off for lack of better options...and while you are most likely justified in your thoughts, I've successfully completed another month of activities.


Every fourth week of the month we do a service activity and because my week was crazy and I'm not good at planning well enough in advance to set up any amazing projects, today at three o'clock I decided we were going to make finger puppets for our ward's nursery. Due to the incredible talent in creativity of our girls, they made the night a success. Please view the following evidence...


Exhibit A: The complete collection




Exhibit B: A close up of the barnyard friends, which also includes a pink unicorn.



Exhibit C: Yes, this hand must be its own exhibit as it includes a ghost, alligator, vegitables, and for clarification purposes - a brownie made by the five year old sister who joined us tonight.

Balance in all things I always say.

Comments

proud parents said…
Awesome! I gotta say, you're lucky. When I was Young Women's President, we had about 20 girls. An average of 5 showed up for activities. And it was all we could do to secure their physical presence too! You do have some talented youth there--great project especially being so last minute!
Diane said…
Your girls are creative. I like the variety of puppets. They are adorable. Lucky nursery to acquire such a gift of service. I like hearing about your girls. :)
Sarra said…
I gotta hand it to you (HAND - get it? finger puppets....lame) I would be totally freaked to be in YW. I wouldn't be able to function. I think it's awesome that you can do that.