Super lame to kind of lame; not the day, the post.

Day 4 -

So, I was going to post something lame today like... "Today's post is lame because it's my birthday and I don't want to post, so my present to me is not posting. Happy Birthday to me." I might have included an additional picture of a cake with candles, or some flying balloons (or NASA's balloon that didn't fly today...so sad) but instead I leave you with a glimpse of a couple of gifts from my dear husband.
You'll have to excuse the awkward pose. In all humility, it does take some talent to look that out of place at the dinner table, especially for me since eating is my natural gift.

And yes - underneath the sauteed onions and mushrooms is a delicious steak; no recipe needed. What a chef!

So even though my post today is lame, the meal was definitely not. And neither was my birthday. A huge thanks to everyone that called or texted to wish me a happy birthday as well as to those of you who thought it - I know all too well where you're coming from.

Comments

Janine said…
I totally forgot. I am bad with dates when it comes to birthdays. Plus you didn't remind me two weeks ago when we talked that it was your birthday. So really it is your fault. I am really good at placing blame. So sorry Jar. I love you and you know it. I hope you really did have a great birthday.
Diane said…
The flowers are beautiful (I love flowers) and the meal looked wonderful (except for the mushrooms-I don't love mushrooms). And what a surprise that you got our card on this very day. Sometimes USPS actually gets the job done. (But secretly, my favorite is the awkward pose) :)
Sarra said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

That does look like a delicious meal. I wonder who gave Fred the idea that you really love steak... ;)