By Request...

Post 17 For all those people who find pregnancy fascinating and requested some "official" pictures.
This is me at 15 weeks. I look ill and confused. I love that I used the flash...what was I thinking. Honestly. And please excuse the nasty toothpaste flecks on the mirror. I like to think it was because I was exhausted from pregnancy and not just lazy. - I'm not sure why I didn't notice them when I took the picture. Here's me at 25 weeks. At least there is a smile on my face. But I can't figure out what the head tilt is all about.

And the glorious 30-week mark. I think you can tell the smile isn't all-natural. Not that it was in the first two. Well, maybe the first was a genuine look...but I digress.

A little update on my life as a pregnant woman: I felt pretty good through the whole thing until I hit 28 weeks. Then all of the sudden I became super uncomfortable. I feel like my innards are all squished and finding a comfortable position for sitting is increasingly difficult. I already have an "I love you to death/you're making me nuts" relationship with my little girl. Sometimes she pushes on me real hard and I'll push her back and then she'll push me again. Fred says I better stop that or it will be an omen of the years to come. Lately, she has taken to wedging herself firmly on the right side of my stomach making me a little lopsided and putting lots of pressure on my stomach and in my right ribs. I think watching my stomach warble around is an interesting experience. It makes me laugh and it creeps me out at the same time. I love to feel her roll around. But then I ask her to stop and she doesn't. She tends to settle down in the wee morning hours until about 10:00 a.m. which gives me some peace in the morning and helps during my run, which is becoming increasingly more difficult. In spite of my complaints, I love her to death, and Fred and I are both excited about her arrival. Which is still at least 10 weeks away. Sigh. The doctor actually says he expects me to deliver around 41 weeks which technically gives me 11 more weeks of time to grow, both in stature and motherly patience I suppose...

Comments

Hollie said…
Cute! And Yes, your are all squished inside and it is only going to get worse. :) I am excited to finally be feeling my little bugger more (currently I find it comforting, fun and reassuring to feel him move), but you have reminded me that that will probably all change soon. I am remembering days of extremem discomfort with Caleb, especially when we went to the movies to see Cars. It is the only movie that I didn't make it through (I had to get up and pee) (I guess Caleb REALLY liked it and got over excited about it). I felt like he would stretch out as far as he could and was SO uncomfortable. I can't believe that you are still running though! Maybe it is because you are so stinkin' fit and in shape that you are so stretched and uncomfortable, you don't have the flabby cushion :)
Anyway, I know this is a forever long comment so I apologize. Keep blogging :)
Diane said…
I also noticed how quickly your hair has grown. In each shot you have longer hair. I am so WAY excited to come and play with her (sit and rock). It's the most heavenly thing!
Sarra said…
The "I love you to death/You're driving me nuts!" relationship will never go away. It will actually intensify.
And I love your super cute maternity tops!
Necia said…
Oh the joys of being pregnant and having your tummy going all over the place. It is all a new experience. I hope you go be for 41 weeks. I cant wait to see her. You look amazing and i am amazed you are running i gave that up quick when i was expecting you go girl!!