A Post of Odds and Ends

There's no particular reason for the following little blurbs. Just a quick post to let people know we're still alive.

OUR MAIL SYSTEM

A few weeks back my sister-in-law sent me a package in the mail. It wasn't delivered. She made some phone calls to figure out what happened. Someone told her that they tried to deliver it but I wasn't home. She was then told that the entire label wasn't printed so they couldn't deliver because they didn't have the full address. Anyway, Necia did her thing and the next day I received my package from her. The day following the arrival of my package I received this note in the mail. On the front it read:

An important message from UPS

And here's the back.

In case you can't read what it says, it basically states that they have a package for me that cannot be delivered because they don't have my address so they'll hang onto it. Okay. Number 1: I already received my package so what are they holding on to? Number 2: How did they find me to give me this important message? Number 3: Why is there even an option to deliver a note that says they don't have my address? UPS at its finest folks. Gotta love them.
MAKING CAKE POPS

The girls in these photos belong to my friend Patti. They come over every now and then to hang out so Patti can get a break. For one of our Relief Society activities, a ward member taught us how to make hand-dipped chocolates. So Fun. So messy. These girls wanted to try it, but chocolate isn't something you want all over the house. So one day while I had them over, I had them help me make cake pops but instead of dipping them in candy melts, we dipped them in a mixture of chocolate and peanut butter. YUM. Fattening. But YUM.
I like that by the time we started dipping in chocolate Janae had taken off the apron. I'm such a responsible babysitter.

JACKY GOT MARRIED!!!
This last weekend Jacky got married. She's been engaged for over a year (long story) and was finally able to tie the knot. I'm so happy for her. You'll have to excuse the poor photo. I was asked last minute to be a bridesmaid so between that and dealing with Charlotte I didn't really take any pictures. Well, 3. And I love this one because it captures their personalities. She was a beautiful bride and they are an amazing couple. The weird thing about all this-Jacky was one of my Young Women. (Makes me feel old.) One that in the beginning made me want an immediate release from my calling. But look how far we've come since then! Now we're great friends.
Isn't she adorable!
TUMMY TIME ...continues to be traumatic. CHARLOTTE'S FIRST PONYTAIL
The bow was a gift. I know it's big but we were taking thank you pictures.

Comments

Necia said…
Well we know that UPS is special out there i still think its funny that they couldnt get you the package but could deliver you a note, still dont know how that works

And the bow...well she looks cute, but i cant do bows, not for a while...lol
Diana said…
So fun. All of it. I am glad you are alive and so glad Fred it home now so you guys can finally spend some time together! I love Charlotte's bow by the way. Sorry tummy time isn't too much fun. Poor thing. She'll get the hang of it. Hope you are doing well! We miss you.