Charlotte

I've been working on a post of our trip to Florida, but Fred suggested I wait and do it all together as one post when we get back home, so I thought I'd just send a little update on Charlotte. She's been growing like a weed. Or maybe like a whale. But not in a bad way. She's got about 17 elbows, but they are each so cute. Sometimes I call her my sphinx because she looks so serious. People try to get her to smile, but even if she's amused, she smiles only on her own conditions. If you know her, you can see a twinkle in her eye, but other than that she's as straight-faced and serious as can be. Other times she is a very jolly child and can't control the smiles. It always makes me laugh.
Charlotte has recently started eating solids. She loves green beans, tolerates peas, and seems to enjoy bananas and pears. She'll pound the rice cereal too which she needs for the iron, but that seems to upset her stomach a little.
Though she hasn't learned to roll yet and has just slightly improved with her tummy time experience, Charlotte learned to sit two weeks ago! At first, she was really wobbly, but now she's a pro. And she loves it. And she recently started talking with her mouth closed. Too cute. We love her to pieces.

Comments

Diana said…
Sooooo cute!!! And I love each and every one of her 17 elbows. I can't believe how much she has grown!
Necia said…
Oh My HECK!! I love love love the fat rolls on her arms, that is awesome!! She is so cute, Samantha just said wait she can sit up? How long has it been since we saw her? I think your over due for a visit!
Sarra said…
That little Charlotte is something else! She is just as cute as can be!
And don't listen to Fred - we want to hear about your Florida experience now! I mean, what else are you going to do while you're there? ... Besides everything ...
Diane said…
LOVE the pictures and update on her. She is adorable for sure! Remember how didn't want her to get older because you loved her being so little? It is just so fun to see her develop and learn new things. Don't you just love her more and more each day! I miss her. I miss you all!
Inge Jaye said…
so incredibly cute! do you just constantly want to squeeze her?