A Small Moment

I returned home today from a quick trip to Mt Charleston which was part of my Family Medicine rotation in Las Vegas, NV (Wilderness Medicine). As I did laundry and began to help clean the house (which belongs to my hosts) I suddenly realized that I had no idea where my wedding ring was. I began to search through all my things, the laundry, the washer and dryer, the kitchen, the laundry room, the front room, the car... I started to feel desperate to know where my ring was. I have had a bad attitude this afternoon for silly reasons which only made me feel that much more anxious and upset that I did not know where my ring was. At this time the following scripture is coming to mind:
Luke 15: 8 " Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it?"
Despite my lighting the house, sweeping, and being as diligent as I could have been - I could not find it. Feeling that I had exhausted my ability to find it, I decided to kneel and ask for help. I have prayed for help finding items many times, but I rarely have I had an impression of where the item was. This time was exceptionally different. As soon as I asked for help, the location of my ring came to mind. The answer was so quick that I wasn't sure if I should keep praying or not. I simply ended my prayer, walked into the bathroom, and found the ring in the one place I had overlooked.
I suppose the Lord gives me small moments like these to remind me that He is mindful of me. I often feel like one of the masses, and as time goes by, I tend to forget the moments in which the Lord showed His tender mercies in the small and simple ways in my life.
So I would simply like to offer my appreciation to Him in this odd, virtual way. If there is anyone else out there who is struggling today, I encourage you to simply kneel in prayer. Jari was right 2 posts ago when she said prayer should be a reflex. For peace or for help, surely the Lord hears the prayers of His people. He truly is "...full of grace, equity, and truth, full of patience, mercy, and long-suffering, quick to hear the cries of his people and to answer their prayers." - Alma 9: 26.

Comments

Diana said…
Thank you for sharing. A wonderful reminder.
ChristopheRobyn said…
As far as my experience goes, getting on my knees and praying on those bad days always works.
On another note...I can't believe you are in Vegas - too bad I am in Provo...normally we would have had you over for dinner...when do you leave?
Sarra said…
I know what that feeling feels like, only I didn't get mine back. :(