An Update on Charlotte

Charlotte will be 10 months old next week and I can hardly believe it. She continues to keep me pretty busy. For being so immobile, she sure is an active girl. She gets a lot of attention wherever we go which I think she secretly loves in spite of her efforts to appear shy. She has become very vocal, especially in our stairwell since it echoes. When we go somewhere new she sits and observes for several minutes and once she is comfortable she takes up chatting right away. Charlotte loves to head bump, especially when she's happy. She recently learned with the mirror to do it softly and it has saved us a load of headaches. If it wasn't obvious from her rolly polly arms, she also loves to eat. She tries everything and eats her veggies really well but she is a true lover of bread and berries. People sometimes comment on ways that Charlotte and I are alike, but one way we most definitely differ is that she has an affinity for hair. She likes to play with my hair and actually separates one strand from the rest of the group. She'll grab it gently between two fingers and run them along it gently a few times and then get excited and rip it out. And then the gross part is that she always tries to eat it afterward. Why she would want a hair in her mouth, I can't figure out. Another funny thing she has started to do is that she is now fascinated with her pointer finger and she likes to have "ET" moments with me where we touch fingers and then she laughs and head bumps me. She is really a very happy and curious girl when she's not hungry or tired. We love her to pieces. Enjoy the photos.
After church.

Her post bath hair.

Charlotte has taken to crossing her ankles while she sits on the ground.
The only time I've gotten her to wear a hat for more than 3 seconds.
Happy with her daddy.

Comments

She is so cute! She is so big! Don't worry that she's not mobile. Too soon you won't be able to stop her!
Diana said…
Oh my goodness! She is so stinking cute! And I love the visual of her head bumping you. That is so cute and so funny.