Demanding an Explanation!

Like all good military stories this one starts out, "So no joke, there I was..." sitting in a small group lecture on Anesthesia when I was given a DVD on prescription drug misuse. I did not really look at the DVD at first, but then a friend said, "Fred! Will you sign my DVD?" I was a bit confused until I looked at the DVD and saw myself dressed as a Captain in the US Marine Corps staring back at me.
I don't have words to describe what went through my mind. I have always heard (by the notorious "they"; you know, the ones we always quote but don't know who "they" are when we say things like "you know what 'they' say...") that we all have a twin somewhere in the world. I never really believed it till that moment. Who was this Captain in the Marine Corps and why did he look so much like me?
Naturally, there are two explanations (ignoring the obvious third, he too has Danish/English ancestors/genes like me): either I was adopted as one of two twins, or mom gave up my twin for adoption. So which is it Mom and Dad? Who is this twin of mine? ;)

Comments

Diana said…
That's awesome! It totally does look like you! That's nuts! There was recently a story on KSL about a family here locally that was shopping at Ikea and found their own family portrait on display. Freaky! Someone just pulled it off the internet and decided it would work great for the frame they were trying to sell. So maybe it is you...
Diane said…
When Daniel was younger I found a picture of a boy that looked exactly like him. I could only tell it wasn't Daniel because he didn't have the same shoes. For years Daniel refused to discuss the picture because he was too freaked by it. Have to admit, though, this picture does look like you, Fred.
Sarra said…
MOM! I know what picture you are talking about! It was that boy sitting by the wall!! Wasn't it a YMCA ad, or something?

We do all have a twin. Mine happens to be a real celebrity (though not popular anymore). Her name is Amy Jo Johnson, and she is THE PINK POWER RANGER.
How funny that your twin would end up being a serviceman too. :)