Friendship and Service

It's been a long while since I last posted. We have a lot to update on. I'll get to that later. Hopefully. 



This is a picture of a homemade chicken pot pie (before being baked), two red apples, and my favorite dessert - ice cream. It was DELICIOUS. The pot pie. It was made by a dear friend who had a lot on her plate. Undoubtedly more than I did at the time though I felt like I was drowning. I took this picture when she dropped it off for our family because it symbolizes friendship and service. I was the recipient of both on many occasions in Maryland. This picture will always remind me of that. It humbles me greatly to think of how often people have gone out of their way to bless me and my family.

In the whirlwind of graduation, packing, and the move out west, Fred and I did not get to say a proper goodbye to many of our good friends in Maryland. I think part of that was a sense of denial on my part that we were really leaving. We are adjusting well to Las Vegas but part of my heart continues to call Maryland home. In honor of the friends I left behind, I am trying to make an effort during our adjusting period to find ways to serve the people here in Las Vegas. After all, imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

How have you been served lately? What opportunities have you had to serve?

Comments

Diana said…
I love your new layout and profile picture. I feel the same way with moving out here. I really didn't get to say goodbye or thank people the way I should have. And since being here I have already seen some real acts of kindness on our behalf. It certainly makes me want to pay it forward.
Sarra said…
I've been served in many ways. Since moving here, I haven't had to pay for any utilities or rent. I didn't even have to find a place to live - all that stuff is/was taken care of for us. And we live in a really nice neighborhood. It's probably one of the most coveted neighborhoods in this whole megatropolis. The only thing I don't like about our specific apartment is the girl across the street in a different building - she likes to strip down to her undies and prance around her place and leave the shades up. And there are windows in the showers that show off most of the upper torso. I don't like being able to see her shower, either.
Not being able to speak the language here has really made it difficult for me to be of service to anyone, really. But I do what I can for my family. :)
Diane said…
What a beautiful pie! Since I am still in Utah and will be until the end of July (it will be a month total time) I haven't been home to care for the garden or lawn care. Sheighla got home Sunday afternoon and said the place looked amazing. A friend from the ward took care of the garden and my wonderful neighbor, Linda Perry did lots of weeding, watering, caring, cleaning of all the outside needs. I can't thank these people enough! Seems like I am always the recipient of service (especially since Larry is so far away) and I am trying to be more aware of ways I can be of help to others. I'm trying to be more aware by praying for others in specifics. And I always express gratitude to Heavenly Father for the tremendous outpouring of blessings I receive from others. In spite of worldly conditions, there are a lot of wonderful people in the world that make it a beautiful place in which to live.