Our Growing Girl

Charlotte is going through such a fun stage right now. While she has been a little difficult to manage over the past few months, more recently she has demonstrated a desire please and be helpful, has been talking up a storm, and been really fun to play with. She is very nurturing which gives me hope that she will love her new sibling in spite of jealousy issues. Fred wanted me to record a couple of stories about Charlotte so we will remember them later.

#1
If Charlotte sees us packing her snacks up before leaving the house she insists on carrying the container until she gets to open and eat them. On Sunday, while Fred was getting her out of her car seat to go in for church he couldn't get her arm through the strap because she was holding onto her snacks; so he took them from her and told her he would carry them in the diaper bag and proceeded to take her out of her seat. Then in a super whiny voice Charlotte says, "Mo-mmy, he's being mean." I busted up laughing while Fred asked, "Did you just tattle-tell on me?" and Charlotte just smiled.

#2
Wednesday night we took a late trip to Home Depot to pick up some wood for Fred's next project. We were there long past Charlotte's bedtime but she was surprisingly well behaved. When I put her in her car seat to go home she told me she was very hungry. I reassured her we were on our way home though I planned only to give her some milk and then promptly put her to bed. As we left the parking lot she decided to take the conversation to Fred:

Charlotte: "Daddy, I want some milk and popcorn and fries and chicken."
Fred: "You want some milk and popcorn and fries and chicken?"
Charlotte: "Yeah. Sound good, daddy? Sound good?"

Needless to say she got some milk when we went home and then went to bed.

#3
Yesterday while I was getting ready to exercise, Charlotte came in the room before I was fully dressed. She asked me if I was going to put on a shirt to which I of course said yes. Then as I reached for it to put it on Charlotte said, "You look beautiful mommy." Oh, to see life through the eyes of a two-year-old. What a sweetie.

Here are a few pictures of things that have been going on around here lately:

 Watching the fish at Bass Pro



 Helping daddy cut wood for his next project

Eating snacks and cooking with mom

 Hiking at Red Rock with Kristina, Dean, Eve, and Anders





 (This picture was taken just after Evie had fallen down. It was cold but she was a trooper.)




Comments

Necia said…
LOVE IT!! She is so stinking cute! You guys are the best parents! I cant wait to see new baby and hug you in April!!
Diana said…
She really is a smart little cookie. I love the stories and the pictures. That fish tank at Bass Pro is pretty awesome! I am glad there are some fun things to do in Vegas town. Miss you guys!
Kaila said…
How fun! It's so nice to see all these pictures. What a cute little girl:) I can't wait to see what Aeden will be like at her age. Thanks for sharing.