That Kid

Not too long ago, before quiet time, Charlotte asked me to get something out of her ear. I figured she just wanted to have her ears cleaned out so I grabbed some Q-tips. When I went to clean out her ear she pulled back really fast so I told her I would look inside. Sure enough, there was something there. I couldn't tell what it was though. I asked Charlotte what it was and she said, "Oh, it's just an eye." I chalked that up to the growing imagination of my 3-year-old.

 Long story short I decided to run her into the doctor's office real quick (one perk of having your husband work at the hospital). After both Fred and Charlotte's doctor looked in her ear they determined that sure enough, there was an eye in her ear. A googly eye. Yes, I'm that mom with the child that sticks things in her ears apparently. So we ran her across the hall to ENT and Dr. Abboty pulled the googly eye out for us. As you can see, it was apparently traumatizing for Charlotte (although completely painless and super quick); enough so that she hasn't put anything else in her ears.


You can't see in the picture too well, but Dr. Abboty is holding the googly eye in the tweezers he used to pull it out. Everyone was laughing except Charlotte. And just as a disclaimer, she chose her own clothes that day.

Comments

Hollie said…
Nice! And your new family picture is super cute!
Diane said…
I love that you are posting these stories. I love to read them and laugh (at the situation...not at Charlotte). Wouldn't it be nice if that was going to be the most traumatizing experience in her life. Looking forward to Hazel moments. :)
Diana said…
I love her honesty. That is fantastic! I am glad they were able to get it out. I remember when Asa was little he came in yelling that he had a bee stuck up his nose. Obviously I was alarmed at this and went to see what I could do. Turned out it was a BEAD. Hahaha