A Night to Remember

At the insistence of a few family members, I share with you an experience that only a parent can appreciate.

I woke up last night between 1-2 am feeling really hot. I quickly realized Charlotte had climbed in bed with me. (She is not a stranger to my bedside during the night, but always whispers "Dad...Dad...Dad..." until I wake up and see her standing there staring at me). I have no memory of her climbing in bed but there she was. She had insisted on wearing flannel pajamas to bed last night and was lying face down, half straddled on me (one leg and one arm). I reached down to feel my side and I thought "Ugh, I am super sweaty!" I then felt my shorts... and Charlotte's PJ's...and the bed.

Yes, Charlotte had wet the bed and included me in the adventure. A mix of annoyance, disgust, and humor (I mean come on, my kid just peed on me during the night! You have to laugh a little about that), and I pulled us both out of bed and took her back to her room where I instructed her to change. I was soaked so I went and took a quick baby wipe bath and changed myself - only to find Charlotte in the same PJ's. When I asked her why she had not changed she said, "Dad, I just really love these pajamas and don't want to change." Needless to say, I changed her and put her back in bed.

This morning I asked her if she remembered any of what happened and she simply smiled and said, "Sure." - No remorse. Even though I have showered I still feel dirty and violated. I will always remember this as the night that she wet the Fred.

Comments

Haha! thankfully we haven't had that experience as yet. I will be knocking on wood though so it hopefully doesn't happen. Oh the joys of parenting
Diana said…
I love this! I am so glad you shared. Parenthood is such an adventure. It definitely helps to laugh through it.
Sarra said…
Oh my goodness, that cracks me up!