First Day of Preschool

Well, we did it. Never thought I'd be that parent with my guts in knots saying goodbye. Gratefully she was all smiles and ready to part ways for the day. Her teacher apparently is out with a back injury for a month so her teacher for today will be substituting for the week. The good news is that she speaks a little more English than the actual teacher which may help with the transition.

It was so sad to see the other Korean kids in near tears, who with trembling voices cried out "anyong" to their mothers while waving goodbye.

And there was Charlotte, happy and ready. I think God made real the Priesthood Blessing I gave her as her father yesterday.

Jari reports that this morning she asked Charlotte what she would do today. She answered, "You know, play and study and learn and work." Jari then asked if she would make eye contact with the other kids. Her reply, "Yeah Daddy blessed me to." What a remarkable girl. I hope one day to have the trust and faith she shows so readily.


And... it was a success! See below.


Charlotte loved Preschool.
Jari: what did you do today?
Charlotte: I played
Jari: Did you play with the other kids?
Charlotte: Uh, I don't quite remember. Hey, mom. Guess what!? I ate Korean food today! Two things were spicey and I liked one of them.
Jari: Did you drink any milk?
Charlotte: No, I didn't really know how to say "Can I please have a drink?" in Korean... I wish Hazel could go to Preschool. She would have a lot of fun.

Here is her school backpack. All the kids have to have the same backpack.


Here she is showing us her craft made of small Styrofoam pellets. This one is a fishy bone.


From top to bottom: 
A (black and white) mountain
A small door
A worm
The fishy bone
A small building
A racecar
The Hungry Caterpillar 


She had a great day and we look forward to the next day. 

Comments

PapaLarry said…
What a delightful girl she is. I'm glad she is enjoying this experience with such a positive outlook and disposition. It won't always be thus, but for now, she is just the sweetest little thing! ;-)
Thanks for posting these pictures.
Diane said…
So glad her first day was such a success. I hope all the rest are as wonderful for her. I'm glad she is so eager to learn. And I love the confidence she is gaining. :)
Karla Nielson said…
Here in Orem we are all wondering how her Korean is coming? Can she speak the language yet? Or a little bit? Please tell her we are very proud of her, and great job on her fishy bone and other artistic things made at preschool!
No... she doesn't really speak anything. But she seems to enjoy it for some reason