Running and a Hike

I know this is probably annoying to read about me running around Korea but I have had so much fun doing so. This last Saturday and Monday was no exception.

Saturday I ran from work to Camp Humphreys to the South. In all it was14.12 miles. Started dark and foggy.




As the sun started to come up visibility did not improve much but running through the fog was fun.




Nice farming areas that were beautiful to see when running. I will miss these areas for sure when we leave.


Here is a small bridge over a river. I was having so much fun until I found myself running down a corridor made of spider webs. All spiders give me the creeps but the banana spiders are especially creepy. I ran through a few webs and was about to explode with anxiety. I could not help but feel like I was covered in spiders even though I was not.


The final leg of my journey


Here I am crossing the last bridge to the Army Post.


Just inside the gate. The gate was hard to find by the way- not marked in any way. Just a break in the brick.


And made it.


Caught the bus home. Note the massive amounts of traffic for the local Holiday Chusaek (family day akin to Thanksgiving).

Two days later I took the girls for a run. Because of the Holiday mentioned above (lasts 4 days) there was very little traffic out. It was great! This route was new and pushing the girls up the hill was exhausting but a welcome challenge. I felt ok to stop and document the downhill slope which I felt I worked hard enough to deserve.


This picture represents the town we live in well. A mixture of farm and city. 


Halfway through the run. Still happy and interested...


Two miles later not so much... Hazel insisted on wearing my hat to keep the sun out of her eyes even though it was not in them. Oh well. 


We found this park that we then visited after we got home and Jari went on her run. They advertised hiking in this area. 





Charlotte and Hazel were excited to explore the Forest. Turns out that meant looking at the trees on the side of the trail. 


Zachary and Jari watching the girls. They actually got stuck at the bottom of the hill with this nice older Korean lady who wanted to hold him. He was giggling and smiling so much she didn't want to give him back for a bit...


Hiking up the hill. Loved the carpet thing. Was easy to climb up.


We did not go too far but did find this overlook.




Fun little 2-mile hike. 

Comments

PapaLarry said…
Great photo essay and narrative. The 8% grade sounded like quite the challenge. I think you guys are absolutely amazing parents and are providing some excellent opportunities for lifetime memories for the girls. Keep the photos flowing as it is always a delightful vicarious experience for me! ºÜº
Be well and be happy!
Diane said…
I love how neat and clean everything looks. Then you mention the spider corridor and it was creepy reading about it. I know it is going to be sad for you to leave. I'm already feeling sad for you. I love how you all get out and explore the different places around you. Lots of adventure (Adventure is out there!). And it is great that you put in some selfies to show you are part of the adventure. :)