Charlotte's Birthday

Charlotte turned 5 years old this year. Hard to believe the time is flying by. I had to work the night before and would miss her in the morning so I decided to leave her with a good morning sign.




Jari made them some personalized oven-cooked omelets and then it was off to school.


After school, we had a bunch of her friends over for a birthday party. I bought a bag of party balloons to make animals out of from the store for $5 and that seemed to be the most popular part of the evening: Fred trying to make poodles for the first time. Most of the kids here are from the branch (church) except for Rain (2nd child going clockwise from the left) who goes to preschool with Charlotte.


Charlotte wanted a Halloween-themed party so Jari tried to make her a witch cake. Every time we look at this cake we laugh. Good attempt Jari.






I made a ghost piƱata out of a cereal box which I thought would break open fast but proved to be near indestructible.



 


But no party can be without tears. In this case, it was Charlotte's tears. While running up the stair she tripped and hit her chin. Lucky she did not break the skin and end up needing stitches. But she did manage to knock a tooth a little loose. It turned out to be OK in the long run but was a great way to spoil her party. Sorry, Charlotte. I hope you remember the balloons and friends but not the tooth. Oh, and I hope you remember the cake. That was a one of a kind.

Comments

PapaLarry said…
Ah yes; the fun and chaos of trying to make a child's birthday party a special treat! I had to chuckle at the "soldier ghost" picture. Great example of perspective eh?
I think Jari did a very respectable job on the cake and I admire how thoughtful and organized you are-- the message on the cupboard for a morning birthday surprise should be a great reminder years from now of just how much her daddy loves her.
You guys are so cool. I wish I had been wise enough to be the kind of a parents you both are. ;-}