Cool Runnings

I have always been a fair-weather runner so come winter I usually retreat to the comfort of an indoor gym and hit the elliptical and bike. This year, my gym is 1.6 miles away from home so early morning workouts are not very convenient. So I decided I would try my hand at running outdoors this winter.

Most runs have been in the afternoon when it warms up to around 30-35 F. Today however I decided to give the morning air a chance. I started at 16 F and ended at 14 F according to my phone but who knows. What I can say is that it is much warmer in the city than outside. I think there was at least a 5-7 degree difference which is a lot when you are running in the cold.

Here is the only evidence I have of my run;  frozen sweat on my neck gator (fleece).

While I questioned what I was doing for the first 2.5 miles, I am glad I made the 7.5-mile trip.

Comments