BYOS

It's hard to get excited about vegetables sometimes. Tonight, after my 10mile run all I wanted was a burger and french fries. But Jari, after Superbowl Monday here in Korea, wanted veggies.

So, how to motivate the girls...? BYOS night! Yes, I made that up and Charlotte was very intrigued as to its meaning. Build Your Own Salad, what else?

So here we are enjoying our salads tonight. Zachary had just woken up so don't mistake his face for disdain for salads, though I'm sure he had no desire for salad.

Motivation to eat did dwindle, so we let them transform into fierce vegetable, chicken, cashew, egg, greens eating T-rexes. Charlotte decided a triceratops was her dinosaur of choice.

Even so, dinner did last over an hour. Sigh. Love these girls. Nothing is ever easy but they are worth every bit of effort. And yes Zachary did great.

After dinner, Charlotte came running in with The Friend magazine and asked, "Dad,  do you think I love this or you more? " Naturally I guessed me. She got real excited and confirmed my answer.  We then played a similar I Love You game for a while. "Hazel,  do you think I love you of my phone more?" ... ."Uh... Me? "... "Yes!" Followed by giggles.

Comments

Hollie said…
I like that. BYOS. Love making yummy salads.
Diane said…
What a great idea! I love how you make dinner a fun family time.😀