Haircut

Haircuts are not always happy occasions here. In fact, I don't think it ever has been for Zachary. This again was true last week when I cut his hair. He clung as tight as a baby koala and protested the entire time. Interestingly, near the end, he fell asleep while holding on to me.  Pretty sure he has forgiven me since that moment.



As I think about it, this was not an event of major importance. I suppose the reason it feels singular is that his two older sisters have only had a very rare trim. So cutting a child's hair in a strange way is a marker of the passage of time. They are all growing up a little at a time. Sometimes I wish I could stop the clock and just enjoy the moment as I know it will never be repeated in the exact same way. I guess recording small moments like this are the only way we have of doing just that.

Comments

PapaLarry said…
Absolutely! You never know just what "moments" are going to seem the most precious as the years roll by and your memory loses the details. Thank you for posting and sharing these small moments in the lives of your awesome family.