Run To Suwon

In my effort to ramp up miles for the upcoming marathon, I decided to run north along the metro line to a place called Suwon Fortress. I estimated it would be about 16 miles and I was right. Here are some pictures from along the way.


Around Mile 9 I found the UN First Battle Memorial. It is small and simple and by its location I doubt it gets much traffic. 


Old school plane.


Up the hill beyond the tank was a nice statue with plaques mounted on granite.



Another mile down the road was the city limit of Osan. After that, the sidewalk ended and I found myself running on a highway. 


I just trusted I was heading the right way as the train tracks were to my left. Here I am at mile 11+.

As I got close I followed the brown city signs which I thought would lead me to the fortress. I was wrong. It led me to a "gate."  At first, I thought it looked like an old Korean building but then I found this store and all I could think about was Bowser's castle.

It was a fun run. Had to stop for the sake of my knees a few times. But in the end, I got to see some new sites and the gate was pretty cool. 


Comments