When We're Helping

The sounds of arguments are heard all too often from the girls. "She is in my spot," or "I wanted to say the prayer,"  or "I was going to put the forks on the table."  There is no lack of reasons to be upset. 

But life is not always filled with tears. Charlotte recently received the assignment from school to do certain things for us as part of Parent's Day  (a Korean Holiday that is a combination of Mother's and Father's Day). She was to cuddle with us, clean up a room, give us each a massage, and help with dishes. 


Here she is learning to do dishes by hand. I'm sorry I waited so long to teach her. She was beaming with joy. 


There is a profound truth in the LDS primary song "When we're helping we're happy." I have found this to be true over and over throughout my life and Charlotte has now demonstrated this truth as well. May we resolve as a family to be ever helping others that we may find joy in living.

Comments