Fathers Day

A quick note about today. It was Father's Day and while it may be a while before my kids ever read this I want to record just how much I love them. Each is wonderful in their own way and I love them so very much. One of my co-workers tells me how much she does not like kids and how she will never have them. She is focused on her career and planning vacations. I actually pity her as she will never know just how awesome it is being a parent. I enjoy going to work and helping people but nothing makes me feel as good as coming home and having the kids scream with delight and run at me, wrestling each other to be in a prime hugging position. Their love for me is rewarding. The way they listen to me and repeat what they have learned then later correct me reminds me that I should be as eager to listen to and follow my Father in Heaven. I believe that children truly are one of the greatest gifts God can give to us. Yes, they require an insane amount of time, work, and money, but there has never been a moment where I had regret or remorse for having a child. Unlike my co-worker, I love my kids and cannot imagine life without them. So thank you sweet Charlotte, Hazel, and Zachary. 


This morning Charlotte brought me breakfast in bed. Zachary was even excited as he climbed on the bed and ate a bunch of the meal. He does love to eat my food more than his own food.

Church was good. Zachary got sick and vomited a lot but at least singing time was over in Primary which made it easy to care for him.


Dinner was nice. We made oven-baked spare pork ribs. I put a rub on it, broil on high for 5 min, then heated the oven to 350 and cooked for an hour,  covered for 40 min, then basted in BBQ sauce for 20 min covered. Delicious. 

A memory for my kids. When I was growing up dad used to sneak away with me to Smiths or Albertsons (Grocery stores) and would buy some ribs for us to share. I loved eating them down to the bare bone. Sometimes we would leave some on and then give them to our dog Duchess. I'm sure mom found the bones and knew we had been out for ribs but we always felt like we were being sneaky. 


Boy of my heart. He ate the rib with gusto.


Girls did well.

As for dessert? Well here is a funny video of both girls discussing their favorite desserts. 

Hazel: https://youtu.be/9U8D3k3y6vM 
Charlotte: https://youtu.be/9BnwF-k2QR4 

Comments