Pioneer Days

While Jari does not enjoy planning events or socializing with any group of people greater than 3 in number, she recently did a great job planning our Branch's Pioneer Day. 

The day brought lots of rain here at Osan but lots of people showed up and all had a great time.

Among those who came were Brother and Sister McPherson, a senior couple here in the branch. She took these pictures and put them on Facebook which is where I borrowed them.  In all, there were 24 photos and our kids were in about half of them.  Loved?  I think so. 


Charlotte brought her faithful dog Bling 


Hazel was clearly dressed as a pioneer...



I was between night shifts and sleeping so I missed the fun. As such I have no idea what was going on here.  But here is Jari, Chelsea Neiderhouser, and Steffani Wolfe.


Pancakes and bacon and fruit = "pioneer food" ;)


Learning to square dance. Side note. In preparation for this dance, the young women learned the dance to teach others. Jari asked me to help find the music to the Virginia Reel without calls. We could not find it. When she played the music for me I recognized the tune from my Boy Scout campfire singings days. "Oh McTavish is dead and his brother don't know it, his brother is dead and McTavish don't know it, they're both laying dead in the very same bed and neither one knows that the other is dead." As I sang the words Jari looked at me with a mix of surprise and "what was that all about?!" Well, I googled my song and it paid off! Turns out the tune is the Irish Washerwoman and the song we were looking for was the name of the dance, not the song. So yeah for Scouts.




I have to mention Dave Weller pictured in red. He is Zachary's favorite person in the world. Yes, he is a Ute fan which is sad but we love him all the same. 


Either she likes her picture taken or Sister McPherson followed her around. 


Here is Elder McPherson. He loves to give candy to the kids at Church before the sacrament. Very nice man.  

Reports from the activity were that everyone loved it. Good job Jari.

Comments