Protein Bars

This may be the most random post to date. But Jari and the kids left for America today and I am super sad inside. Words cannot express how much I love them. So in my sadness what did I do? I did what any responsible adult would do, I went shopping. 

I only went for 3 ingredients:  whey protein, peanut butter, and coconut milk. The goal was to follow a recipe I found online at work last night to make protein bars. I do enjoy power bars (vanilla or peanut butter, not chocolate). I don't like most other protein bars as the protein is usually too chalky for my liking.

Well here we are:


Mix milk (1 can = 1.5 cups) + 4 scoops of protein (about 1.5 cups) + 2 cups PB + 6.75 cups oats. I added some soy-free, no nut, tree hugger chocolate chips for fun.


The yield was 22 bars. The taste in the first batch was not the most amazing thing so I added a smidge of honey and coconut oil. I love coconut oil for the record. I will not deny that on occasion I eat a spoon full of it while it is solid. So good.


And the second batch...


Yield 22 bars. So about $0.39/bar. 
~285 kCal / bar
~14 g protein / bar

They hit the fridge for 4+ hours and then we will give them a shot. I will update the post once sampled. 

Comments