Charlotte Turns Six

Time moves too quickly. Charlotte is growing taller and smarter and the change is so gradual that we almost don't notice it until a year or two go by and we stop and realize just how much she has changed. Some changes are good, others simply make me realize how much I already miss who she was. But we do cherish who she is.


I did her hair and walked her to school. It is nice she still likes me to do both these things. One day she won't. 


After school, we made a quick stop by McDonald's for an ice cream cone and fries. I would do this more often if it was a bit more healthy. 


Presents.


Grandma Nielson sent a lovely book about the Savior which I am sure will be appreciated. 


I didn't know it but Charlotte fell in love with Hotel Transylvania while flying back to Utah this summer. Jari told me she watched it several times and loved it. So Jari decided to pick it up for her. I have a feeling she was excited about this gift.


Jari also purchased some patterns to sew 4 dolls. She hopes to help her put them together for her and Hazel, then repeat the process as a service project as she can then donate them to someone. 


This was my gift, Harry Potter with pictures.



Oh, and Jari bought her some puzzles. 


A quick happy birthday song which she found embarrassing and then I had to run to work for some meetings. Jari took the kids to a baptism that night.


Charlotte left very specific instructions on how her cake was to look. She really does look forward to her birthday and has grandiose expectations about every aspect of the day.


Turns out we were shy of every ingredient and the budget was spent so we had to improvise. 


We at least incorporated blueberry, strawberry, and chocolate. And she thought it was pretty cool.


Happy Sixth Birthday.




Thanks to Jari Charlotte is turning out to be a great little girl.

Comments

PapaLarry said…
Thanks to you both, all your children are turning out to be delightful fun.
I do enjoy all your posts and appreciate the variety in all the pictures. Thank you for sharing so diligently and for allowing us to share in your family's ongoing experiences.
Love you all.