Zachary's Best Friend

This is Dave Weller. He works in the Medical Group with me in the Mental Health clinic. He has been Zachary's Nursery leader at church for a while now also. Zachary loves Dave... wait that is not true. Zachary LOVES Dave. Most of us are pretty sure that he loves him more than he loves me as his father. During Sacrament meeting, Zachary will look around to find Dave and Dani (Dave's wife) and take the most direct path to them. Occasionally I cannot get him to return. What is amazing is that he sits so quietly for them while he causes trouble for us. So yes, I think he is playing favorites, and I am sure it has nothing to do with the gummy bears they give him.


We have 5 more months with the Wellers and I am sure we will miss them. Wait that is not right, we will miss them, Zachary will likely have a mental breakdown and develop a deep distrust of us as his parents that he will carry with him to his young adult life. I sometimes wish I could collect people along the way and take them with us as we move, like friends from Maryland or North Las Vegas. It is so hard to say goodbye to friends. The Air Force is a small community, but you never know when or if you will get to see someone again.

The only deeply rooted fear I have now is that each sacrament meeting Dave is whispering the University of Utah fight song into Zachary's ear poisoning his thoughts. Good thing Dani is there to counter his dark influence with some BYU light :)

But in all seriousness, we are grateful for Dave Weller, Zachary's best friend.

Comments