Far East Tournament

 Last year I volunteered as one of many medics to staff the Far East Wrestling Tournament  (DoD High Schools in PACAF) and got myself in a strange situation where a kid had a concussion and came for help. I couldn't advise them to keep wrestling but they did not want a formal evaluation. For reasons I won't go into here I could not really document the encounter and my advice so it made me nervous to participate again. We live in an age when people are eager to complain and cast blame on others and sue so I find myself cautious when giving medical advice.  I did ask the medical JAG for PACAF if we were covered to be there and he wasn't sure but our deputy commander for the med group asked us to carry on. So I went yesterday and gratefully nothing happened. 


I took the kids back today  so they could see some wrestling and they seemed to enjoy it. 


Here are the girls with SrA Behrend and SSgt Baker who are 2 ER med techs and were working the wrestling meet.  


I will say that it was actually kind of fun to watch. If my kids ever wanted to wrestle I think I would be on board.  

Comments