#NotWithoutSabrina -- Guest Post

Hey guys! Sabrina here! Feeling pretty cool to have my own post on Fred and Jari's blog, you could say we are like family now. Haha!  First things! Shout out to Fred and Jari for having me come to Korea to help and spend time with the family! Super thankful! Korea has been awesome! Full of good life lessons that will help me in the future, cutest kids, weird foods, best desserts, finding the inner Asian of self, coldest winds, and a whole ton of Koreans. Its been a ride, one for the books! :)

                                                   This was my very first time ever traveling outside the country by myself and let me tell ya, I was a little nervous to fly so long...14 hours on a plane? Yeah, not something I would do every day (; but the outcome was great! I sat by these 2 people..who probably thought it was so funny I was Asian but only knew English because when I tried to explain myself they just laughed and told me they would teach me a few words! Haha. #thestruggleisreal. They were both coming back home from the states! I have totally spaced what their names are. I am friends with one on FB, does that count? Anyways! Great people! It was a long ride, but worth it!!
                                                    Made it with these cute kids and loved getting to know them better and playing and taking a lot of pictures and videos! :) You think they are cute in pictures, but imagine in real life!! They are 1000000000000000000x cuter!!

Who wouldn't enjoy them!?!
                                          One of my first nights here, Fred took me out to the best dessert places in the world. Not even kidding. Y'all know I love sweets and treats! It was called Cafe CF. It was such a cute place, very comfy and the décor was on point, but the dessert was something else! So so so so good!
                                                    This is what I had! Grapefruit Gelato:)
                                                     Fred had a strawberry cheesecake Sunday!

While being in Korea I had the best makeover ever all thanks to Charlotte!

                                         

                                           Zachary LOVES doggies. So with this app on my phone, we had a lot of fun! He is such a cute little guy! He loves to watch himself in pictures and videos and we sure took a lot. :)          



                                                             One of the highlights of the trip was being here while baby Camille was born! I was able to tend the kids while Fred and Jari were in Seoul having the baby:) She is so cute and so sweet! Nothing is better than holding a newborn baby and getting some great cuddles!





Another yummy treat! This is called a chocolate snowflake. There are no words to describe how amazing this was. It melts in your mouth and it is super soft and just makes you irrationally happy.

                                                    We went on a little outing to Pyeongtaek station, Koreans are way into shopping, so this place we went to was a mall that had 7 floors...7!!!!!!!!!!! I could have stayed there for days!!

                                            Kimchi. Interesting name, and more interesting food. The picture below is Kimchi, with little fish glazed with this gel-like stuff...it was chewy and different, but not bad!

I was able to take the kids bowling, but mostly they played in the play area, but still fun! :)
                                                           The temple!! We all went to Seoul and Fred and I were able to do a session together in Korean! We had translators so we were able to understand. It is pretty awesome that the church is the same anywhere you go!


                                                   The girls and I wearing our red lips! We sure did have fun with makeup!
                                                              And reading with miss Hazel
                                                          Found this little guy in the oven!

                                                   She asked for a braid crown and this is what came out!
                                                   She has perfect hair for this!! :)


                                                    Just another fun selfie!
Overall this trip has been great! It's been fun to experience different cultures and food, but it's been even better being here with my brother and sister-in-law and the kids! They have been so fun and so awesome!! I am grateful for the time I have had here! :) It has been a rad 3 weeks in Korea! Hope y'all enjoyed a few pictures of my time here! If you have any questions about detail I'll let you know in person (:
Note: Sabrina had recently returned from her mission to the Florida panhandle and learned to speak Southern, y'all! Her parents said, "Welcome home! You are going to Korea!" She was the only one free to go help with children during and following Camille's birth. She did a stellar job, and di find her inner Asian!




Comments

PapaLarry said…
What a delightful adventure for you all! And I'm so glad you shared these moments with the rest of us. Looks like a fun time was had by all. ;-)