The Prayer

Two parts post, both involving Hazel. 

This photo was taken a few weeks ago and I forgot to share it. Words cannot describe the smiles I had when I saw her outfit. A good choice that day Hazel.


Second- it is frightening to me how much our children reveal about who we are or how we act. They parrot everything it seems. Every time I see Charlotte threaten a sibling to take away their dessert or whatever, though I feel defensive and want to correct her I think she is just following my lead. It reminds me of the quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Your actions speak so loudly, I cannot hear what you are saying." 

Last night at Hazel demonstrated this while praying at dinner... "We are thankful we can grow up, have our own kids, and yell at them and do whatever we want with them...." It is true that we tell them they can make their own rules when they grow up, but really?!? The pinnacle of adulthood and parenting is yelling at your kids and doing whatever you want with them? Where did I go wrong? Time to go back to the parenting drawing board. 

Comments

Hollie said…
Haha! Caleb (my 10 year old) gets frustrated with his younger siblings and will yell at them. He sounds just like me :/