Hiking Through the Haze

This week was Children's Week here in Korea which meant Charlotte was out of school. I had 2 days to flip my sleep-wake cycle (...again) and so we planned to spend some time outside. Just as we did so we received a warning about the air quality in the area over the next 2 days. "Yellow Dust" is a mixture of regular smog and sand and pollen and who knows what else. After hanging tight for one day we decided to brave the dust and haze and go hiking. 


We left Jari and Camille at home per Jari's request and somehow made it 2.3 miles. Yes, I carried Zachary most of the way but Hazel did really good today! 


Here is a picture of the particulate matter in the air as it settles onto every surface it can find. I gave a hardy blow to dust off the bench. You can see why they call it yellow dust.


Hazel took one small fall which was 3 less than I was expecting.


Clearly, it was not enough to keep her down. Here she is monkeying around on the public exercise equipment. 

It was a fun day but I am sure my nose and lung are full of junk. We are praying for wind and rain. 

Comments