550 Cord for Peace

Life has not been very peaceful at home lately, at least not at night. Zachary is tall enough to reach the handle. At first, he would sleep on the floor in the doorway. Later he moved to the hallway. For the last few nights he threw all caution to the wind and has been running around no matter what we say. This has led to many fights between him and me. After a two-hour battle last night I figured something had to change. I needed a doorknob that could lock from the outside or some way of locking the door.


Today at work a friend recommended I use a 550 cord to tie the door shut. Brilliant! It resulted in only 1 hour of screaming. Overall I would say we are taking a step in the right direction. Opening his door to put him in bed later was a bit tricky without waking him but I managed to keep him asleep before he woke again. 

Tonight I am grateful for the 550 cord. May it restore peace again in our home at night.

Comments