One Month To Go

It is June 25th. We fly out of Korea in one month. While we have known for a long while we would be leaving it has never really been a reality for me. We have met many people who have lived in Germany and they have all loved it very much. Some even compare their time in Germany to Korea and mention they liked it more. While this should excite me the truth is we have loved it here. When I think of home I now think of Korea. Because of that, it is hard to imagine that Germany will be that great. I have consequently been feeling nervous or anxious about our move in a way I never felt when leaving Maryland or Nevada. I feel like I am morning the loss of someone close to me (probably because we will be in the form of friends). We miss friends from prior bases but there is something different this time.

For two years we have walked around this base and since March of 2016, we have been walking in and out of the housing towers. We are going to miss this place.

Tonight we are praying for peace on this peninsula and in our hearts as we get ready to say goodbye to a beautiful land and people. 

Comments

PapaLarry said…
It is always hard to leave good friends and comfortable (familiar) surroundings. In all the moves we did while I was growing older, I always disliked leaving the people, but was always excited for new surroundings and new "adventures" getting to know new friends. I am OK with change- Diane does not like it much at all.
I guess that will be your life while serving in the AF. But I think you are doing a remarkable job raising your children to appreciate differences and new opportunities and experiences.
Best wishes and very positive "waves" to you all as you transition to another chapter in the adventure series Life with the Nielsons! ;-)