Peddling Art

After our trip to Paris, and having seen several people selling art (which Jari and I wanted to purchase but did not find the painting that really stood out to us), Charlotte got a great idea that maybe she could sell art.


We had no idea this was happening until it was too late (read on)


After a few quick drawings, she set up shop in the backyard


The only possible customers were our neighbors who share a backyard with us. They are so nice that they not only stopped to peruse the merchandise but bought 2 pictures! We discovered this as it was happening. I thought they were only looking at the pictures when I snapped this photo but then as he spoke Polish to his daughter who quickly disappeared and reappeared with 3 Euro in hand I noticed the price tags. 


He was trying to be kind which I cannot refuse, as I am sure he will be blessed by it, but are you kidding?!? What a nice man for sure. Here is Hazel thrilled with her earnings even though all the art was Charlotte's. This is one of my favorite pictures of Hazel ever. It really demonstrates her beautiful eyes, freckles, and smile. If you want a bigger (higher pixelation) photo let me know. 


And Charlotte (not looking at the camera of course) with her earnings. Two weeks later, she has finally stopped asking me 3-5 times a day to open an art shop outside thinking that our neighbors are going to buy more. However she still begs me for art lessons. If only there was more time each day to pursue all the talents each kid possesses 

Comments