The Scarf

This last week one of the girls who ride the school bus with Charlotte left her scarf on a wall at the bus stop where it fell and got REALLY muddy. Charlotte suggested we should take it home and wash it for this other little girl. Jari brought it home that afternoon and started cleaning it that evening once the kids were in bed.

Because I did not know what it looked like before I didn't think it was that dirty but as Jari filled the skink (and an earwig climbed out which really grossed Jari out) And gently turned the scarf a few times in the water I watched the water instantly turn dark green/Brown. Over and over she washed it and the scarf gradually transformed.

Jari is not afraid to get her hands dirty but this moment really stuck out to me. She is kind and so often looks beyond herself. She is an example of love and kindness. She makes all around her feel comfortable and happy (even when she doesn't feel comfortable socializing). While washing this scarf was seemingly a small act it really reveals who she is. I am glad I am able to interact with her every day and hope I can become more like her.

Comments