Hunting For a Christmas Tree 2019

Growing up in the Nielson household, a real tree was a real treat. However, a real tree was simply the standard for Christmas in the Petrie household. When Jari and I were married we negotiated and our standard has been her standard :) 


Last year we got a tree from IKEA for 10 Euro. It was really convenient but the tree was the worst we had  EVER had. It was dry and the needles were very sharp. What is more, ever time they poked me I broke out in hives so no one wanted to touch the tree including me. This year, however, we went went to a tree farm 20 minutes from our home and cut down our own tree. We had 2 extra girls with us named Cora and Kalie who came along for the ride.


It was a little chilly but everyone was in good spirits looking for the perfect tree. 
The perfect tree according to Charlotte is one that has 1) soft needles, 2) is green (not blue), 3) should have even and full branches.

I am not sure we found the perfect tree but there were a few good options. 



The perfect tree for me also includes one that fits in my house :) 



After shaking a few trees and giving the kids a quick rainstorm we settled on our perfect tree.

Each kid got a chance to trim the bottom flat.





We determined that our tree was 8 years old! 




It was a fun outing. Jari is happy because we have a real tree. I am happy because it fits in our house. And the kids are happy because it has soft needles and is a lovely green. Thanks, Germany for a final Christmas with a great tree. 



Comments