A Trip to Egypt: Day 6


Our last day in Egypt resulted in a mid afternoon flight with no plans for the morning, so we got suckered into buying a four-wheeler trip through the dessert to see the pyramids. It was yet one more expense but I figured we would never be back and would not have anything else to do.... So the morning of of our departure we got up early, again, for breakfast and fun. The night before I found out our hotel had a heated pool and the kids begged to go for a swim so we took a 20 minute dip while Jari did some packing and then we were off. 


What followed are not sites to be envied but I think it shows what Cairo looks like outside the main areas traveled by tourists. Enjoy the view :)




f

Selfie + holding Camille + Driving the ATV + dodging animals = quickly acquired talent LOL. 



It was interesting to me to see how pedestrians, animals (horses, camels, donkeys, goats), and gas powered machines could share the road. 


Being passed by his 8 year old cruising on his doney




We finally made it out of the city, drove through a dessert soccer practice, and went out over the rolling hills.


Not sure if I mentioned it before but the region has prohibited building and development out in the dessert which has preserved the areas surrounding Cairo


We didn't ask them to pose, the other drivers on the tour with us simply assumed we wanted our kids to have some silly photos




After a quick break in a tent/shack, we cruised back to the start, and then to the airport. 

Our flight was super delayed and I was VERY grateful I packed snacks. There was nothing to do and the kids were tired. 


So tired that Charlotte let Zachary sleep on her leg (insert shocked face).


Hazel fought her fatigue. 

Well that is it. So much more that could be said but I am amazed that I finally got this up on the blog. I hope that someone out there sees this once day and it either brings them joy, or helps them decide on travel options. If you are in the second group, I would recommend using a tour company, not sure how this could have worked without someone holding our hands and taking care of all the business.

Comments