Garden Pots in Germany

While in Germany we purchased some pots and planter boxes to go on our rock patio hoping they would produce. I suppose I have a brown thumb because it produced very little. I am not sure if that was due to the poor potting soil quality or hard to manage moisture content or if I was just too aggressive in how much I put in each pot. Either way out cucumbers, eggplant, most of our peppers, yellow squash never grew or grew a little then would dry up and shrivel. 

This last year we knew that we would not get to eat anything but we decided to plant anyways. The only 2 plants that grew at a meaningful pace were our pumpkin (planted from a seed we pulled from an actual pumpkin) and green beans (dried seeds from a packet). 


I think all squash flowers are for sure the most pretty garden flowers the result in produce.

This one reminded us of a Disney film that inspired Charlotte: 


One day she may be embarrassed by this video but I hope she will take my advice and feel proud of being creative and doing something fun. 

 

 

Comments