Temple Trip for Fred

 I recognize that many people live further way from the temple than we do, but the last few years have required planning and traveling for us to attend the temple. The few times we had car trouble in Europe developed in me a great sense of anxiety than I had already about traveling and made the drive all the more anxiety provoking. 

Here in Alaska, we do have a temple but it is down in Anchorage which is a 6.5 hour drive (without stops). But it had been a while since I was able to attend a session for myself so when the ward was having a temple night on a Friday I felt that I needed to make the drive. 


The reward was that there were some great views from the road...


Especially diving past Denali National Park.



It was a long drive and I almost hit a moose right before getting to the temple, but it was worth it. 


That night I was supposed to stay with a friend from Germany but he found some last minute deal for a trip that he took with his kids and wife and forgot to tell me. So I drove from hotel to hotel until I found a place that had 1 room left which was a blessing because I really did not want to drive through the night. 


I made 1 stop in the little town next to the Denali Park entrance to stretch my legs and relax. It was at this time a large storm was heading in and winds were approaching 80 MPH behind me so I was grateful I left early



Beautiful area for sure. 


Comments