Yearly Ginger Bread Building

Last year I tried my hand at making gingerbread (I had no idea how much work that dough requires to roll out). It would be logical to try cookies first but no, I decided to build an Egyptian memorial to commemorate our trip to Egypt the prior year. This year we decided to remember another place we had visited together: Paris.  

 


Here are our 3 buildings, The Arc De Triomphe, the Notre Dame, and of course, the Eifel Tower. 


Here is a quick video of the kids preparing to decorate: Vive La France!


From this point on I held the royal icing and the kids simply ran to me with candy and would dab and they would return to place it wherever they wanted it to go. Joining us were the Starr family children Ben (age 11), Elizabeth (7), and Andrew (4) 







Vive La France!




Comments