Street Hockey

Last year we got the kids some hockey sticks and goals but they never got used for that purpose. We did use the goals a lot during the fall soccer season for some mini goals while scrimmaging but I decided it was time to get the kids out in the street for a little pick up game. I cleared the snow and the game commenced



We had tried this a few days earlier with Camille and Zach it turned into a big fight. But hey, that is hockey right? 





Hazel and Camille joined or a time until they decided they would rather dig a home in the snow. 


I thought we would only be out there for about 20 minutes but nearly an hour later I had to peel them off the streets. it was about -17 F so cheeks and ears were a bit red and frost nipped but the kids had a great time. Exercise is magic.  

I am grateful we are starting to get just a touch longer light each day. We have officially made it through half of the winter. On cold days I have to remember that at least I am not swatting mosquitoes. 

 

Comments