A Piano for (Early) Christmas

 Jari had been asking for a piano for a long while. I kept my eye out for one on sale but never found one I liked in the local area. Upright pianos are too heavy and challenging for us to own given we have to move somewhat frequently. So I turned my attention to electric piano variety and looked for a Clavinova (Yamaha) as that was what Jari wanted. 


On a trip to Anchorage, AK to attend the temple in October with Charlotte, we stopped by a view music stores and as fate would have it, the first one I sat down to play sounded and played beautifully. This made all other pianos sound cheap and disappointing. While the price was high I felt it was worth it to have such an amazing instrument in the home. The only problem was that Yamaha did not ship the furniture foundation for it to Anchorage and the soonest I could find one that would ship (cost unknown) to Alaska was 3 months. So I did some research on line and then came up with a design and asked Jari to help with the staining. 

In the end Jari and I put together this piano desk and we both love it. It was the first time I have ever worked with drawer slides so I learned a new skill 


 

 



Here is to many years of music blessing our home. 

Comments